Our organic Earl Grey is a supreme loose leaf, known for the delicate aroma of bergamot that differentiates it from other black teas. The London Fog Latte is a somewhat unusual way to enjoy Earl Grey – a variety usually taken without milk or sugar – but it's undoubtedly delicious and simple enough to make at home in just a few minutes.
- One rounded teaspoon of loose leaf Earl Grey
- Quarter a mug of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Lavender (optional, but it adds a fantastic additional layer of flavour)
- Brew a strong cup of Earl Grey (filled to about 2/3 the amount you'd usually drink), including a couple of pinches of lavender to the tea leaves in the strainer if you wish. Brew for 3-4 minutes.
- While the tea brews, steam the milk*.
- When the 3-4 minutes is up, remove the strainer and stir all ingredients together until combined.
- Add sugar to taste (although we think it tastes fabulous without!).
*If you don't have a steamer...
- Pour the milk into a jar (you will need to ensure that the jar is no more than half full).
- Screw the lid on tightly and shake vigorously for up to a minute, until the milk is almost filling the jar.
- Remove the lid and microwave the jar, uncovered, for 30 seconds.
- Pour the milk into your mug of tea, mix all ingredients and then spoon the remaining froth on to the top.
There you have it – a delicious, warming drink that you can enjoy without having to leave the house, prepared in minutes for a fraction of the price of high street coffee shops. What's not to like?
Tried this recipe? Leave a comment to let us know what you think!